Light at the end of the tunnel



It’s taken 6 weeks for my next period to come so not quite normal yet. The surge in hormones that’s came with it were absolutely horrendous though. The tummy cramps and back pain were ridiculous but thankfully only lasted the first 3 days. I think the period was pretty normal as things go but I can’t really remember what normal is! Also it’s the first time I have used a tampon in about 8 years – all very strange! 
I have stopped taking the vitamins (only as they are out of stock – maybe I should of kept them a secret!) but I feel ok generally. I seem to have stopped having the waves of hormone havoc and possibly those waves are now when my period comes. I’ve started tracking my cycle using an app called ‘Flo’ so I can hopefully start to see a pattern or some sort of normality to my cycle. 
I am feeling really chilled out and relaxed about it all now. There have been some pregnancy announcements at work and I thought I’d be upset/frustrated more but I am actually pretty content with the way things are going now. I feel like my mood has gone back to normal and I am much less up and down emotionally. I am totally in the mindset that I am not ovulating currently so there is absolutely no pressure on us as a couple and also means we aren’t ‘trying’. 
I hope others reading this, going through a similar situation, can see the positives and that things will start to go back to normal. Just be patient, chill out and go with the flo! 😆

Also as a side note – I did test positive for Coronavirus antibodies so maybe I can’t put everything down to hormones in this last few months but I’m still blaming the depo! 

Comments

  1. Really enjoyed reading your blog! Bizarrely I’m having most of these symptoms, but my depo is due next week! Hence why I’ve found & read all of your blog at 2.25 am 🙄 Would love to know your update?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow reading your blog I felt like you were writing about me... My last shot finished up in August, I had all the symptoms sore heavy boobs that went up a size , back pain, cramps, acne, tired, feeling sick , headaches.... The list was endless..... I then finally got a period in January for 5 days and I was like OMG and I text my sister and we were so happy that I finally got a period and I felt normal I guess.. Then 9 days later I got another period for 5 days.... I'm on the flo app too and checking all tie time... I'm not sure yet if I'm even ovulating, I tried sticks but nothing yet..fingers crossed are body's sort themselves out and we can TC 🤞... I hope you keep us all updated and best of luck to you. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December 2021: 2 years off Depo!

All hail the vitamins!